Not to be left behind in this race, Godrej Protekt, hygiene brand from Godrej Consumer Products Limited (GCPL), which till recently had offerings only in the hand hygiene segment – a hand sanitiser and a hand wash, on Thursday announced a massive expansion in its portfolio of protection products and claimed to have become the only single brand in India to offer a complete range of 14 products in personal protection, home protection and kitchen protection.
Under its corporate social responsibility (CSR) activities, the brand also announced a long term partnership with the Mumbai Division of Central Railway Zone to promote travel hygiene amongst passengers and railway employees.
Under this initiative, as part of its ‘Potekt India Movement’, 2,00,000 products of the brand’s new range like hand sanitiser sachets, on the go disinfectant sprays and air and surface disinfectant sprays will be made available to the Mumbai Railway Division free of cost to ensure a safe travel experience on the Mumbai local trains and long distance Covid-19 special trains originating for various destinations across the country from the country’s financial capital.
Interacting with media persons during a virtual press conference, Sunil Kataria, CEO - India and SAARC, GCPL, said the new range of 12 products offers 99.9% protection against germs, bacteria and viruses and has been launched to empower people to “live fearlessly” in the “new normal”.
The range includes Godrej Protekt Health Soap, Body Wash, Germ Protection Fruit & Veggie Wash, Germ Protection Dish Wash Liquid, One Rupee Hand Sanitiser Sachet, Air & Surface Disinfectant Spray, On the Go Disinfectant Spray, Surface & Skin Anti-Bacterial Wipes, Washable PW95 Face Masks and Multipurpose Disinfectant Solution (all claimed to be competitively priced). With this, Godrej Protekt aims to grow 7-8 times and become an INR 500 crore brand in next just three years, he added.
Commenting on the joint program with Godrej Potekt as part of the brand’s CSR activities, Gaurav Jha, Senior Divisional Commercial Manager (DCM), Mumbai Division, Central Railway, said it will cover close to 400 Mumbai local and long-distance COVID-19 special trains, in which currently close to 2,00,000 passengers are commuting daily.
The following activities will be undertaken as part of the joint program:
· Safe travel awareness-raising activities will be conducted at railway stations under Central Railways
· Godrej Protekt Health Soap will be given to railway employees to boost their hand hygiene
· Godrej Protekt Hand Sanitiser sachets to be distributed amongst passengers on Central Railway local trains as well as long-distance trains originating from Mumbai for cities like Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Thiruvananthapuram, Patna, Lucknow, Varanasi, Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Gorakhpur, Darbhanga, and Gadag
· Godrej Protekt’s On the Go Disinfectant Spray, with 99.9% germ protection and anti-bacterial capabilities, will be used in the these long-distance trains to disinfect hard surfaces like passenger’s luggage along with handles, seats, armrests, door handles
· Surroundings and surfaces of ticket booking counters of Central Railway stations in Mumbai will be disinfected with Godrej Protekt Air and Surface Disinfectant Spray, an aerosol spray which kills 99.9% germs and bacteria. As many as 87 ticket booking counters of 53 stations between CST upto Karjat, Panvel and Kasara, will be covered
· Both entities will co-create digital content around hygiene practices necessary for rail travel during COVID-19 times. This will be to build awareness amongst 4.12 lac combined followers of Central Railways on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
LifeInChandigarh.com by APR Media House is an enjoyable digital reading startup, which keeps you abreast of the latest meaningful happenings of interest to large sections of folks in Chandigarh tricity, and expats from the region. It has been promoted by a public spirited senior journalist and media consultant with a view to encourage good quality and healthy journalism, a dire need of the times.
To keep in touch, drop an email or call :