Built with nine new patent applications, H’ness - CB350 is the 3rd BSVI model in the Honda’s portfolio for BigWing, its exclusive premium bike vertical, which is expected to expand to 50 dealerships by the end of the current financial year. To be available in two variants – Deluxe and Deluxe Pro – the tentative base price of H’ness – CB350 is “around Rs 1.9 lakh” (ex-showroom).
Though bookings for the new motorbike have begun today on the company’s website and existing BigWing dealerships for a token sum of Rs 5,000, the announcement of the actual ex-showroom price will be made coinciding with the beginning of Navratras in mid October, when the bike will also be made available for touch and feel at the dealerships.
Prototype of the mid-size segment bike, however, will be available for review at the Gurgaon BigWing premium dealership from Thursday and subsequently at select dealerships in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kochi and Bhilai.
Speaking on the occasion, Atsushi Ogata, Managing Director, President & CEO, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “It was once again the Indian riders who motivated this development which has taken two years of painstaking hard work by Honda teams in India and Japan. Today, we are proud to usher in a new motorcycling culture in the mid-size segment with this global unveiling of H’ness - CB350.”
Elaborating on H’ness - CB350, Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director – Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. shared, “With its authentic Honda roar, upright road presence and a wide range of new values, H’ness - CB350 delivers an unmatched riding performance. H’ness - CB350 proudly takes forward the rich legacy of Honda’s CB DNA and provides the joy of riding through a wide range of situations like daily use in the city or long road trips. Ride the bike, and I am certain, you’ll fall in love with it.”
The company officials shared that since H’ness – CB 350 had been designed in India inspired by Indian bike lovers, “we will look to generate volumes for the offering in India before making a pitch for exports to other potential markets for the 350 cc bike.” The company is confident that with the first in class features and the proven CB lineage, the bike is going to do well in the domestic market. “The 40 million Honda two-wheeler owners in the country are a testimony to the trust and confidence reposed by the people of India in the company.”
The CB350, to be manufactured at Honda’s first plant in the country at Manesar (Haryana), will come with close to 90% localisation, and with a couple of more launches coming up, this percentage could well increase further as the company engages more closely with its vendors.
Launching a “Ride Club” in the country is also very much on the agenda as the company engages at multiple levels with Indian motorcycle lovers.
Features & Specifications
- Big powerful 350cc, air-cooled 4-stroke OHC single-cylinder engine equipped with PGM-FI technology.
- Delivers category leading max torque of 30 Nm@3000 rpm
- Main shaft coaxial balancer placed on the cylinder eliminates both primary & secondary vibrations
- Dual channel ABS
- 310mm disc brake up front and 240mm rear disc
- Large section front suspension & pressurized nitrogen charged rear suspension
- Engine Start/Stop Switch gives the convenience of turning-off the engine on brief stops with flick of a switch
- Ensuring safety of riders in low visibility conditions is the Hazard Switch feature.
- Stunning 7 Y-shaped spoke alloy wheels
- Chrome-plated exhaust, mirrors and fenders
- Large tailpipe of 45mm optimizes balance with the muffler capacity, producing a bold low-pitched sound
- Single one-chamber structure in expansion chamber helps deliver a rich thumping exhaust note when you wind on the throttle
- Chrome plated dual horn (available in DLX Pro variant) not only adds to rider’s convenience but also amplifies the premium look
- 19-inch front tyre & 18-inch 130 section rear tyre
- Dual seat with superior cushioning
- Fuel tank capacity of 15 litres
- Turn-on turn-off Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) helps maintain rear wheel traction
- World's first-ever Honda Smartphone Voice Control system (HSVCS) developed in-house (available in DLX Pro variant)
- Assist and Slipper Clutch makes gear shifts smoother
- Advanced Digital Analogue Speedometer presents intelligent information on the go. It integrates details like HSTC, ABS, side stand indicator with engine inhibitor, ECO indicator, mileage features, HSVCS, gear position indicator and battery voltage meter. The ride experience is further enriched with fuel efficiency details displayed in 3 modes – real time mileage, average mileage and distance to empty
- Full LED Setup (both front & back) allows rider to banish the darkness and light up the darkest of paths, also adding oomph to the style quotient
Honda will also be offering a special 6-year warranty package (3 years standard + 3 years optional extended warranty) on H’ness - CB350.
For more details, visit HondaBigWing.in
LifeInChandigarh.com by APR Media House is an enjoyable digital reading startup, which keeps you abreast of the latest meaningful happenings of interest to large sections of folks in Chandigarh tricity, and expats from the region. It has been promoted by a public spirited senior journalist and media consultant with a view to encourage good quality and healthy journalism, a dire need of the times.
To keep in touch, drop an email or call :